Do you have any questions regarding this vacancy? Then do not hesitate to contact us.
For one of our clients we are looking for a Commercial Manager Civil Construction
The Commercial Manager will primarily be responsible for the exploration, casting, and the follow-up of commercial leads for projects and be responsible for the tendering of these opportunities for the Civil Construction department. The job holder is responsible for developing and maintaining client relations in order to continue the contribution to the further strengthening of the existing and new client base.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The global sourcing of, first line of response to and follow up of commercial leads in Civil Construction.
- Preparing and submission of tenders, further to obtaining internal advice and input on technical, operational and legal matters.
- Issue clarifications and distribute any responses in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performing contractual negotiations, including those with sub-contractors.
- Maintains regular contact with all departments in respect of the attainability of commercial agreements.
- Visiting (potential) clients, suppliers, subcontractors and partners.
- Reporting to and advising Director on a regular basis about opportunities and market intelligence/developments.
- Scheduling and chairing commercial risk review meetings to gain Manager Director approvals where necessary (Prospect, Pre-tender, Bid to win, Contract).
- Interface with the functional teams to develop commercial and operational solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet and exceed business goals.
- Drive development and maintenance of cost models, with particular emphasis on standardization, efficiency and digitization in order to drive productivity and consistency as well as increase win rates.
- Follow market trends, customer requirements, and competitor actions.
- Communicates with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract's financial aspects.
- Actively attend network possibilities (e.g. industry related exhibitions, etc.).
- Financial authority according to the company authorization matrix
- Reports to: Managing Director
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Higher Education, Masters or Bachelors University or Business School
- Minimum experience > 8 years
- Commercial management experience from Technical Sales and relevant experience in the Civil Construction industry
- Familiar with relevant Marine and diving safety procedures and regulations
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) in English, Dutch and preferably German
- Ability to successfully interact with and influence diverse groups to consistently meet business and customer service level expectations
- Demonstrable experience in successful cooperation in project teams
- Financially astute with commercial, contractual & negotiation skills/talent
- Hands-on mentality and self-starter, taking ownership/initiative,
- High proficiency level in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Drivers License
If you are interested or have any questions regarding this vacancy contact Wim Leutscher email@example.com